ALL CEYLON ENGINEERING DIPLOMATES ASSOCIATION (ACEDA)
ACEDA was founded in the year 1977. All Ceylon Engineering Diplomates Association for the general advancement of the Technology and practice of Engineering advancement of Technology and practice of Engineering in all its branches was a brain child of few Diplomates and it look after interests of the Engineering Diplomates in Sri Lanka. The Association grew from strength to strength establishing due recognition for Engineering Diplomates assisting in upgrading the professional status of the members and working towards winning all due rights.
INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING DIPLOMATES, SRI LANKA (IEDSL)
The ACEDA wasthen transformed into the Institute of Engineering Diplomates. In 1992 it was transformed to a professional body under the name of “Institute of Engineering Diplomates, Sri Lanka by an Act of Parliament No 64 of 1992. The Institute was opened to all Engineering Diplomates. It has various classes of membership and therefore allowed anyone interested in the field of Technology to further their interest and their carrier.
INSTITUTION OF INCORPORATED ENGINEERS, SRI LANKA (IIESL)
In year 2000 in keeping with the international standards of professional engineering societies of similar nature,IEDSL was renamed with the present status as “Institution of Incorporated Engineers, Sri Lanka” by an Act of Parliament (Act No 11 of 200). IIESL has a wide opening for personnel of all levels in the field of Technology, gaining due recognition for the members locally and internationally as well. Incorporated Engineers are the internationally recognized category of Engineers in the field of Technology, who effectively manage the construction, operation, maintenance and project management functions, by implementing appropriate technology.
At present following eleven fields of Engineering Technology are represented by IIESL
Civil Engineering Technology, Chemical and Process Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Nautical Studies & Technology, Polymer Technology, Textile & Clothing Technology, Information Technology, Agriculture Engineering Technology
During past 37 years the Institution gained a rapid progress and the success of this achievement is due to the team work, and also the commitment, sacrifice and hard work of all Past Presidents, Council Members and the general membership.
We, as the professional body of Incorporated Engineers, who are managing & operating Engineering Technology in the country, have the mandate to develop professionalism among the members. During the present time of rapid economic & global changes, we find ourselves challenged very often to maintain our professional integrity and standards of conduct in professional activities and business activities.
The main objectives of IIESL are to meet the needs of Incorporated Engineers to develop their skills and knowledge by contributing professional development; set standards of education and engineering proficiency and maintain them by continuing association with educational process; co-ordinate all related activities on national relevance; international recognition; innovation; creativity and quality education and training of Engineering Technology; find strategy to influence government policy for sustenance technological, social and economic development of the country; some public invest in creating wealth, health, safety and environment at high quality. Any profession whilst perusing these arms cannot isolate itself from society at large or the ultimate welfare of the community from which all of us obtain sustenance, and within boundaries of which we have to live. Today it is necessary for each individual and each organisation to contribute seriously to the general welfare of own well-being. Since education, knowledge, competence, attitude, ability to practice ones profession and ones place in society, all become concern of the Institution.
Vision & Mission
- OUR VISION To be the leading Engineering Institution in providing professional excellence in managing and maintaining Engineering Technology at its peak efficiency, to fulfill the future needs of industry, commerce, government and society.
- OUR MISSION To provide a framework to elevate the professional status of the Incorporated Engineer to best effect, with frontiers of knowledge by continuous upgrading of skills to keep abreast with the latest Development of Technology, to enable Incorporated Engineer to exert proper influence in the society.
- To set a standard of education and practical technical proficiency through its qualified membership, maintaining this standard by continuing association with industrial and educational progress.
- To provide an examination structure reflecting the quality of membership at each level and to seek always to improve the quality.
- To offer facilities to all members for the exchange of information and techniques
- To offer facilities and guidance for students and other members for progress with their chosen careers and within the membership of the Institution
- To provide leadership and vision for the Engineering, Incorporated Engineers as a whole
- To speak with powerful voice to those outside the profession, in Sri Lanka and Internationally
- To provide a framework of harnessing resources of the profession to best effect
- To evaluate the professional status of Incorporated Engineers to high standards, thereby serving the public interest in Wealth creation, Health, Safety and Environment
- To meet the needs of Incorporated Engineers to develop their skills knowledge and continuing professional development
- To ensure the supply of Incorporated Engineers to meet the future needs of the industry, Commerce, Government and Society, and
- To ensure awareness in society of the role of Incorporated Engineers to enable the profession exerts its proper influence in the community